When making critical decisions about projects and teams, you need good data, preferably without having to look in a dozen different places.
VisualScript's goal is to help you create a dashboard that can tell the whole story in a single location from quick and clear KPI metrics to answering important why questions in context:
why are SLAs breached, why are we missing deadlines, why is our burndown deviate from the ideal projection, and so on. We understand that your why questions will be as unique as your organization and teams so our reports are always flexible to adjust to how you work.
Sometimes seeing one report will lead you to ask more questions and need more data. Ideally, that report would be just a scroll away.
We just added 7 new built-in reports that will help you answer even more questions and expand the reporting you can do on your dashboards whether you're interested in SAFe® or ITSM reporting for your Jira Service Desk.
We call them standard reports because you can report off of any field and within any project. This applies to Jira Core, Jira Software, and Jira Service Desk projects. You can use them to answer a wide variety of questions and slice your data in a way that makes sense to you and your stakeholders.
They're flexible and customizable. The parameters are mostly standardized to ease the reporting experience. You can place multiple reports of the same type on a single dashboard and when necessary, our expanded views let you dig deeper to answer questions.
Features of Standard Reports
- Flexible and customizable
- Simplify the reporting experience by putting a wide variety of reports on a single dashboard
- You can report on a number of familiar common fields like assignee, creator, fix version, issue type, label, priority, reported, resolution, sprint, and status
- You can easily report on custom fields as well
- Apply additional filtering using JQL statements as needed
- Easy to read visuals with expanded views that let you dig into more data and link into Jira