What is VisualScript?
VisualScript is a relationship visualization platform for DevOps, ITSM, HR, and more with:
- A simple SDK that transforms data into a diagram
- Ability to build real-time reports embedded native to any platform or ecosystem
- Ability to connect to disparate applications and ecosystem silos
- Built-in reports to make life easier for developers and system integrators
Why Use VisualScript?
- Increased agility of your teams to see and adapt to information and increase the speed of execution
- Real-time visibility to make better decisions faster
- Keep management and teams engaged and informed
How VisualScript Works?
VisualScript allows you to go from data to a visual with some light development effort:
The VisualScript SDK
The first step to creating a report is to transform your data into a visual using the VisualScript SDK.
flows, trees, timelines, and other designated formats without using coordinates.
var vs = new VS.Document(); //Create a new VisualScript document
var theShape= vs.GetTheShape();
var myConnector=theShape.AddShapeConnector(VS.ShapeConnectorTypes.OrgChart); //add the org chart connector to the top shape
myConnector.AddShape(); //add the first shape to the connector
myConnector.AddShape(); //add the second shape to the connector
Just a few lines of code can create a perfectly formatted hierarchy of three shapes.
What makes generating visuals so easy is that the SDK leverages VisualScript's Intelligent Formatting Engine.
When you create a visual using VisualScript, you don't have to use a coordinate system to describe the explicit placement of shapes,
instead the intelligent rule-based formatting engine knows how to place the shapes for you, simplifying the format and reducing the work you have to do.
VisualScript makes it easy to create a custom report that can quickly visualize relationships, dependencies, and hierarchies.
VisualScript is both flexible and powerful, while still being simple enough to make it easy to generate a visual.
VisualScript makes it not only possible to generate visuals that represent hierarchical and relational data, but easy.
The Architecture of a VisualScript Report
The steps to creating a VisualScript report are:
- Read data from a source
- Organize that data into a format that can be expressed visually
- Translate that data into a diagram using the VisualScript SDK
- Tell VisualScript to render the diagram
For example, if the report you want is the hierarchy of Epics, Stories and Issues for your Jira project:
- You use the Jira API to read all of the issues in the project.
- Sort your data into Epics and their associated stories and issues.
- You use the VisualScript SDK to translate this hierarchy into a tree with the project at the top, epics on the first child row, stories as children of the epics and issues as children of the stories.
- Opening this report in VisualScript runs the the code and displays the visual based on the most recent data in Jira.
- Clicking on any item in the report will take you to the relevant issue or story in Jira.